Your privacy is very important to Jumbo Travel, and therefore we assure you that we implement the highest consumer protection standards to safeguard the data provided by our customers. Also, we never sell or rent our customers’ personal information to third parties. As a Jumbo Travel customer, you are not only in control of all your travel planning, but also in control of your personal information as well. As one of the pioneers in online travel, we realize that earning and retaining your trust is of paramount importance and it’s a responsibility we take very seriously, every day.
- You agree that if you disclose your personal information to us, we may create a database record about you;
- If you register on our web site, download any materials, or conduct any other transaction, you agree to allow us to collect information that’s necessary to provide you with the service you have requested, and furthermore you agree that this information may be disclosed to service partners (including third parties) for those purposes. Third parties with whom we share your information will only use the information to facilitate your travel-related requests and will not store or utilize your information.
- You agree that we can contact you with information about products and services which may be of interest to you (unless you have stated you do not wish to receive these communications); and
When do we collect data?
We collect data about you from a variety of different sources that include:
1. When you purchase products or services from the web site or via our catalogue;
2. When you become a subscriber;
3. When you speak to our customer services personnel;
4. Via explicit data capture measures, for example, by entering competitions and completing surveys; and
In any of the above cases the data we collect could be personal data.
What do we do with your personal information?
When you make a purchase via the web site, we may need to collect information about you to process the transaction, fulfill your order and provide you with the services you expect. This information may include, and is not limited to, your name, your address, your phone number, y our email address, and your credit card details. Unless we have your express consent we will only disclose personal data to third parties if it is required for the purpose of completing your transaction with us. This is, of course, subject to the proviso that we may disclose your data to certain permitted third parties, such as members of our own group, our own professional advisers who are bound by confidentiality codes, and when we are legally obliged to disclose your data.
By becoming a subscriber you consent to receive our e-newsletter and details of other special offers, which we may think may be of interest to you.
Once again: We never sell or rent our customers’ personal information to third parties.
Cookies are small files which are sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard disc. Once your register on the Jumbo Travel web site, your computer will store an identifying code in the cookie, which means you do not need to type in your email address each time you return to the site. Other than this, we do not store your password or any other information in the cookie, or use it for any other purpose. Our third-party advertiser (please see Third Party Advertising) may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser.
Third Party Advertising/Websites
The advertisements appearing on the Jumbo Travel web site are delivered to you, on our behalf, by our web site advertising partner. Information about your visit to this site, such as number of times you viewed an ad, is used to serve the advertisers. Please note that your name, address, or any other personal information is never shared with the third-party advertisers. Only you can provide them with your personal information.
Keep your Login details safe
You can play your part in safeguarding your personal information by never disclosing your login password or account information to anybody. Whenever you login as a member on Jumbo Travel, particularly on somebody else’s computer, or on public Internet terminals, you should always logout at the end of your session. Your assistance will help us protect the privacy of your personal information. Jumbo Travel cannot be held responsible for lapses in security caused by third party accesses to information as a result of your failure to keep your personal information private. Please notify us immediately if there is any unauthorized use of your account by another Internet user, or if you detect any other breach of security.
Jumbo Travel does not sell travel or other services to children and does not knowingly collect information from people under the age of 18. If we become aware of the fact that a minor is attempting to submit personal information, we will inform the minor that he or she is ineligible to do so. We will then remove this information from our records.
Thank you for choosing Jumbo Travel!